Posts Tagged with “quickbooks error code”
Error H202 and H505 in QuickBooks “: if you find the Error H202 or H505 (or H101 and H103) when you try to switch to multi-user mode, we’re here to help. These errors mean something is blocking the multi-user connection to your server. We’ll show you how to fix the issue.
Fix Error H202
Step 1: Follow steps depending on how you host your company files
Hosting your own network
If you haven’t already, follow the steps to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server for each version of QuickBooks you use. Your server is the computer that hosts your company files. After you install Database Server Manager, continue below.
There are two ways to set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- The Full Program option: You install the full version of QuickBooks Desktop and Database Server Manager on your server computer.
- The Server Only option: You only install Database Server Manager on your server computer.
Using another hosting solution
If you use another solution like Enterprise Hosting through Right Networks or one of our affiliated Intuit Hosting Providers, contact them directly to restart your hosting environment. You’ll need to work with them as you troubleshoot.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
tep 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub on your server
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors. For the best experience, we recommend using Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Close QuickBooks.
- We recommend you download the most recent version (126.96.36.199) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you’ve already installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be displayed on the bottom right or you can select About to view the version.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can’t find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: From the Tools Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
Your server computer is the one that stores your QuickBooks company file(s). Your other computers connected to your network are your workstations.
- From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Network Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If QuickBooks isn’t on your server, it’ll prompt you to install it.
- Inside the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, select Start Scan if you see your company file folder(s). If you don’t, Browse to the location of your company file and then select Start Scan.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will repair your firewall permissions automatically. When the scan finishes, select Close.
- Open QuickBooks on each workstation where you see Error H202. Select File and Switch to Multi-user Mode. If you use your server computer as a workstation, be sure to check it too.
If your workstations can go into multi-user mode without any issues, everything is fixed.
If you still see Error H202, move on to Solution 2.(Error H202 and H505 in QuickBooks)
Solution 2: Check the services on your server
Solution 3: Add services to your Windows admin group on your server
Solution 4: Configure your firewall settings on your server
Solution 5: Ping your server from a workstation
Solution 6: Add your server to your Windows hosts file
Fix Error H101, H303, and H505
You can do these steps before opening a company file.
- Open QuickBooks on any workstations where you see H101, H303, or H505.
- Don’t open your company file. Instead, select the File menu and hover over Utilities.
- If you see the Host Multi-User Access option, don’t select it. Move on to the next workstation. This one isn’t causing the problem.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is an option, select it.
- Repeat these steps on all workstations where you see Error H101, H303, or H505.
After you check your workstations, move on to your server computer. This is the computer that normally hosts your company files.
- Open QuickBooks on your server computer.
- Open the File menu and hover over Utilities.
- If Host Multi-User Access is an option, select it. If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is an option, don’t select it.
source : quickbooks
write the comment if helpful article